Les Contamines-Montjoie boasts the “Famille Plus” label of quality
The “Famille Plus” label guarantees a successful family holiday in Les Contamines-Montjoie
All partners of this label are committed to a number of specific points:
- A personal welcome for families.
- Entertainment for all age groups.
- A price range according to age.
- Activities for children and adults, together or separately.
- Shops and services within close proximity.
- Children pampered by professional staff.
Your opinion interests us. Click here to help us to improve our offer by completing the “Famiile Plus” questionnaire.
Recurrent winter entertainment:
- Torchlight descent during the school holidays on the “Loyers” slope.
- Children’ shows in the village hall.
- Guided visits every Thursday at Notre Dame de la Gorge.
- Guided nature trails in the Nature Reserve.
- Sports activities: Nordic walking, warm-up sessions, orienteering etc.
- Well-being workshops: naturopathy, stretching etc.
- Cultural entertainment.
- Evening downhill skiing on the “Loyers” slope.
- Evening cross-country and biathlon sessions.
- Evening ice-skating.
Culture & Heritage
- Local library "Mot à Mot”
- Church of the Holy Trinity and Church of Notre Dame de la Gorge.
- Guided visits of the village.
- Visit the garden dedicated to the artist Samivel .
- Visit the Nature Information Centre (Espace Nature au Sommet)
Sports and leisure activities
- Snowshoe outings with the local mountain guides. ½ day or full day outings from age 5+.
- Traditional horse drawn sleigh rides to La Collombaz + a snack at the auberge + a downhill sledge run.
- Evening snowshoe outings followed by a fondue meal in a traditional Mongolian yurt.
- An introduction to ice climbing.
- Pedestrian and snowshoe trails.
- Dog sledding from age 3+.
- Horsedrawn sleigh rides.
- 2 safe sledging runs.
- Snakegliss from age 8+.
- Ice rink
- Baby equipment rental.
- ESF: group classes, private lessons, club piou piou (for children age 3 years +), downhill skiing for children from 4 to 12 years, group snowboard lessons for children age 8+, all-inclusive (ski + meals) for children from 3 years.
- ESI: kids group lessons- ski and snowboard, private and semi-private lessons.
- 120 km of slopes (48 runs: 9 green, 11 blue, 19 red and 9 black)
- Family ski pass
- Ski pass for beginners
- Free for children under 5
- Card for 10 rides on the lifts
- Fun zone, the "Ludoparc" - two fun courses for all the family
- 2 areas for beginners located at the heart of the village
- 25 km of slopes (one 0.5km introductory loop, two green loops of 1.5 and 3.5 km, one 4.5 km blue loop, one 8.5 km red loop and one 9km black loop)
- Specific passes for children and seniors
- Free for children under 6 and seniors over 80
- Evening cross-country skiing and biathlon every Wednesday night
- Introductory biathlon sessions with the ESF
Service providers awarded the « Famille Plus » label
- Restaurants : le Carnotzet, la Trabla, le Gai Soleil, le Stem, le Chalet du Lac, la Bérangère, l’O à la Bouche, le Barattet
- Mountain sports and leisure equipment rental : Intersport Ronchail (town centre and le Lay), Alley Oop, Sport 4807-Skimium, Alaska Ski Shop
- Hotels : La Chemenaz ***, Le Gai Soleil **, Le Christiania **
- Campsites : Camping Le Pontet ***
- Holiday Residences : Résidence vacances Nemea
- Bed & Breakfast : Chez Adalbert
- Self-catered holiday accommodation : Chalet de l’Alpage, gîte Chez Adalbert, gîte La Lex Blanche, gîte l’Armancette